Friday, April 17, 2009

Just in from the flea market and a few garage sales. Todays winners, for a total of $5.25, are...

...a small bookcase...a small drysink/credenza/kitchen helper thing...a pantry...a china cabinet! I have been wanting something nice for "my" dollhouse so the china cabinet will come in handy.




Here's a piece that I picked up at the craft store, unfinished, for $1! I've painted it white this morning and now that it's dry will do a coat of crackle glaze and finish off with blue, maybe? I'm not sure of that yet. The shelves are deep enough to display a variety of treasures and I'm looking forward to filling it up.



We've also been working here and there on a Spy Box inspired by the I Spy book series. It's something that we think our nephew would enjoy.


It's made from a display box that I found at a thrift store and decorated with bits of ribbon, ephemera and plastic doodads made to string on a gumball machine necklace. It's a fun little project.


No comments:

Post a Comment