Thursday, October 15, 2009
I couldn't resist.
I'm not even sure how I ended up following the garage sale signs, but here's the result of my little detour last week. I remembered, halfway through painting the sashes and panes, that I almost never take a before picture. So there it is, the before-ish. Since then I've painted the shutters black. It's starting to look like a real farmhouse.
A rearview picture. Lots of possibilities with this one! I plan on removing the metal posts from the upstairs porch area instead of adding a railing so it is accessible from the rear like the rest of the house. As for supplies; I need two doors and some shingles, a little white paint and a few wood strips for repairs. All the rest will be added as the ideas flow. I'm thinking of using small pebbles to "build" the fireplace. It will be my first go at stone and "mortar". I'll let you know how it ends up.
I've also been busy at my entry for the Garden Party Gazebo building contest. I'm down to the details now, and of course, cleaning off all of those hot glue "spiderwebs". Just when you think you've gotten them all...you take a picture and twenty more are revealed...taking good pictures seems to me, to be the most difficult part.
There's also this thing with my spacebar sticking so either I've got zerospaces between words or lots. That will be easier to fix than the photography problem, I think.
In other news, I scored a nice little flower pic yesterday that had miniature holly leaves. I plan to use some of it for holly bushes, garland and plants in the Christmas house.
Thanks for stopping by and Have a Mini Day!