Tuesday, October 27, 2009
I've been busy with the minis lately. Just last week I painted the shutters of the farmhouse. Next up, a coat of white paint and some shingles.
Today I laid some faux tile flooring in the kitchen of the Farmhouse, made lace cafe curtains for the living room of the San Fran, a floral curtain panel for the bathroom of the SF, a circular rug for the Christmas House and a few random pieces.
The blinds are made from folded fancy wrapping paper, scraps of lace on the edge, and a pullstring made from thread and a white seed bead.
The humblest of tools are what I use to make miniatures! Clothespins are great for flattening, hanging, weighing things down as they're hanging...lol. Here are three lace cafe panels and on the far right is a green floral for the bathroom of the San Fran. All of them hang on toothpicks with matching beads for finials.
Right after my pizza break.. Mmmmm I'll get back to the rose bush that I'm making for one of my bosses(pics to come). Lurve my job!!
I enjoy these days where free time and creativity meet halfway. It's time to get back to work. Have a Mini Day! :)
Thursday, October 15, 2009
I couldn't resist.
I'm not even sure how I ended up following the garage sale signs, but here's the result of my little detour last week. I remembered, halfway through painting the sashes and panes, that I almost never take a before picture. So there it is, the before-ish. Since then I've painted the shutters black. It's starting to look like a real farmhouse.
A rearview picture. Lots of possibilities with this one! I plan on removing the metal posts from the upstairs porch area instead of adding a railing so it is accessible from the rear like the rest of the house. As for supplies; I need two doors and some shingles, a little white paint and a few wood strips for repairs. All the rest will be added as the ideas flow. I'm thinking of using small pebbles to "build" the fireplace. It will be my first go at stone and "mortar". I'll let you know how it ends up.
I've also been busy at my entry for the Garden Party Gazebo building contest. I'm down to the details now, and of course, cleaning off all of those hot glue "spiderwebs". Just when you think you've gotten them all...you take a picture and twenty more are revealed...taking good pictures seems to me, to be the most difficult part.
There's also this thing with my spacebar sticking so either I've got zerospaces between words or lots. That will be easier to fix than the photography problem, I think.
In other news, I scored a nice little flower pic yesterday that had miniature holly leaves. I plan to use some of it for holly bushes, garland and plants in the Christmas house.
Thanks for stopping by and Have a Mini Day!